Dynamic typing, streamlined data structures, fastest libraries, web frameworks, and community support make Python an enticing language for the rapid development of any application. Let’s know top areas where Python excels in application development, and how to launch your Python career.
Python – What exactly is it?
Python is a very human-friendly language that is pretty simple to understand, write quickly, and read easily. Python is one of the most used, free and open-source, general-purpose, object-oriented, and high-level programming languages on the planet. To develop desktop GUI applications, websites, and web applications, you can use Python.
Python – Its history
Dutch Guido van Rossum developed Python in the early 90s. Since then, popularization has been so strong that it is now one of the five languages most commonly used. The name derives from the respect of Guido for the comic group Monty Python. The new edition of the language currently available is Python 3.8.2.
Look for real-world Python applications
In different technology and industries, Python supports platform-based operating systems that facilitate building applications.
- Manufacturing: Python in the manufacturing industry finds applications in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) models, and AI-based undertakings. With its integrated language framework, a fundamental source of control, and information infrastructures, Python finds a unique use case in this industry. It also allows interpretive runtime without regular dialects for the compiler. It makes Python particularly useful when computing AI prototypes.
- Production: Python is everywhere in production engineering, and Facebook infrastructure teams use Python. Organizations usually provide and maintain Python client libraries for their programs (usually Thrift), offering secure and trustworthy interfaces to any other team that wants to interact with them.
- Education: Python provides an immersive framework for exploring procedural, functional, and object driven approaches to problem-solving. Python is commonly used in academic science, especially in mathematics, biology, and bioinformatics. For many University IT programs, it is a standard introductory language. Python is an outstanding language both at the initial phase and in advanced courses to teach programming.
- Healthcare: When machine learning induces drastic changes in other sectors, it only makes sense to apply it to the healthcare industry. Developers most commonly achieve it via Python, the open-source framework that everyone considers is ideally suited for ML initiatives. Developers can create solutions for safe human health and well-being and support that their work will be reliable. Python platform enables secure knowledge sharing with other technologies that are key to unchain digital healthcare data. Python’s functionalities are fully compatible with integrating back-end databases that perfectly meet with the HIPAA guidelines.
- Web development: With stable, scalable, and simple frameworks (Django, Flask, Pyramid), Python can be used to create web applications at a quick pace. There exists standard back-end logic to make a framework and a set of libraries to integrate HTTPS, FTP, SSL protocols, and also support in the processing of JSON, XML, email, and more.
- Game development: For interactive game developments, Python is used as well. Many game engines can also use Python for scripting. Some popular Python-based games are Civilization-IV, EVE Online, Disney’s Toontown Online, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Vega Strike. Libraries are also available, including PySoy, which is a Python 3 supported 3D game engine, and the PyGame, which provides game development features and library.
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence: Python provides a wide variety of libraries for AI and ML, with its vast technology stack. Python is indeed has a standard library in development and a handful for AI technology. Python includes an elegant syntax, a basic flow of control, and data structures. The universal ML library ‘Scikit-Learn’ is probably the most famous.
- Business applications: Python is used to develop ERP applications and electronic/online/e-commerce networks. As business applications are not the same as a standard application, these systems must equip to incorporate with legacy frameworks such as current databases and non-web apps.
- Scientific research & Data Science: Python comes with many built-in libraries to provide many of the functionalities that a data scientist might need. Compared with other data science languages, Python enhances a shorter learning curve and performs over all others by promoting a simple to comprehend syntax.
- Mobile applications: Python is a user-friendly language for many mobile app developers. It’s just as effective on iOS and Android as it is on desktop operating systems. There is a long list of Python-based mobile apps. Popular programs such as Instagram are written mainly in Python, which is a great way to start mobile development.
Apart from these, Python finds other applications such as scripting, network programming, Robotics, data analysis, color detection, face detection, web scraping, 3D CAD applications, console-based applications, embedded applications, audio-based applications, video-based applications, and other business applications.
Why learn Python?
Python is the essential language for any web-based programmer. Python is the cornerstone for any potential aspiring programmers. Within 25 years, Python has managed to reach a level than others, rendering it the fastest-growing language. Python, with the introduction of new technologies, also has a prospective future. It has become quite a favorite in the software industry.
Ways to learn Python
It will be easy to learn Python for individuals who already have in-depth knowledge of programming languages and improve their expertise. Python can be learned online or through books within less time. There are training books and Python courses (online and on-site). People can also attend boot camps that provide training for several days on Python programming and offer a certificate after completing the course.
However, if you are a fresher to the programming language environment, the Python course will provide comprehensive training in Python programming. Many of the best Institutes in Bangalore provide instructor-led Python training.
Python finds more applications in several industries. It is so easy, quick, and efficient that Python is a good pick. For their everyday operations, significant corporations and organizations such as Google, NASA, and Amazon utilize Python. Python is perfect for anyone who wishes to step into the development career without any idea of what they want to do or any prior knowledge of Python. The learning is easy for all candidates, irrespective of age and background.