David and Goliath stuff with not quite the same outcome

The best second half seen at La Puebla ......... EVER
The best second half seen at La Puebla ......... EVER

Daya Nueva 2 v. Bigastro 2

Daya settled into the game the quicker and on five minutes should have been 1-0 up,when Marcos was clean through with just the keeper to beat but his finish was poor.  The visitors were a big powerful side and looked likely to be a physical threat to Daya as the game wore on. 

The home side were playing some nice neat football and a good move on sixteen minutes saw Josue run the visitors defence ragged to score a wonderful goal.  It was no more than Daya deserved but there was still a long way yet to go.  The visitors put a good move together on twenty minutes but fhe finish was very poor. 

The physical side of Bigastro’s game was becoming more evident with Marcos on the receiving end of a crunching tackle.  The visitors were now enjoying the best spell of the game so far and on thirty minutes Kepe in Daya’s goal had to make two saves in quick succession. 

Moments later a good Daya move just failed to make it 2-0.  Another good Kepe save on thirty five minutes kept Daya’s lead intact.  There was just no way it was going to be a one goal game that was for sure !  The home side squandered two good chances to go further ahead but it was just the one goal in it at the break.  Bigastro came out for the second half meaning business tearing straight into Daya. 

Within minutes though the home side had weathered the physical storm and scored a second goal from a good move.  The ball had fallen nicely to Franki, he calmly lobbed the ball over the advancing keeper to give Daya some much needed breathing space.  It should have been 3-0 moments later but Daya’s shot flew just over the bar.  The goal that Bigastro had been threatening came on sixty five minutes courtesy of a poorly

defended corner.  The visitors were now in the driving seat causing Daya to defend desperately for long periods.  Kepe made a great save from a rocket free kick on seventy five minutes as Bigastro pushed for the equaliser.  The scores were level on eighty minutes following mistakes at the back from Daya.  Within minutes of the equaliser Daya conceded a penalty that Kepe saved brilliantly ! 

Daya were now hanging on for dear life but could they hang on for a share of the points?  Kepe made sure that they did pulling off a number of magical saves.  So 2-2 at the finish of what had been a game of total football from both sides.  The match official handled this very very physical contest superbly.  Man of the Match (more star of the match) was Kepe in Daya’s goal.

Daya Dave. Team Sponsors: Segurlab and Telfy