Daya Nueva Athletic 1 v. San Isidro Athletico 2

From the first whistle both sides were committed to all out attacking.  It was end to end stuff and you just knew this was not going to be a goalless game.

From a free kick in the fifth minute the visitors went ahead with a thumping header, and on ten minutes from the same area another free kick by Isidro was cleared by the Daya defence.  Daya went very close to equalizing in the twelfth minute and a couple of minutes later had another good effort well saved.

This was a much better performance from Daya than last week’s heavy defeat, it was still end to end football with no quarter being asked or given.  The tackles were flying in, some good, some bad, and some downright ugly.  The referee was kept busy writing names into his notebook and by the end of the game he probably had more bookings than a Justin Bieber concert.

You just knew that there were going to be penalties in this match and probably a red card or two.  On twenty two minutes Daya produced a great run down the right, the ball fell to Senen, number 15, who took the ball forward beating three defenders and fired home a vicious shot to level the scores.

It continued to be end to end with both goalkeepers being the stars of the show, saving everything that came their way.  It was Daya who almost scored with the last attack of the half but the keeper made another great save.  So 1-1 at the break with the home side just about the better team in a very entertaining first forty five minutes.  San Isidro started the second period strongly hitting Daya hard and fast causing the home side’s defence to panic and scramble the ball away.

Daya hit back but it was the visitors who were now calling the shots.  On fifty minutes an Isidro free kick from distance came back off the underside of Daya’s crossbar, it fell nicely to one of their forwards whose well struck shot was brilliantly tipped over by Jaime in the Daya goal.  Moments later the home side had a good free kick scrambled away to safety themselves.

The game was becoming more physical and on seventy five minutes the visitors were rightly awarded a penalty.  Jaime got down well to his left to produce a wonderful save.  Daya hit back immediately and the Isidro keeper had to make a great save of his own.  On seventy eight minutes Daya were found wanting at the back when a cross from the right was tapped in by an unmarked forward !  More pressure from Isidro produced another good save from Jaime, the home side were now being forced back into their own half.

With five minutes to go and Daya in the oppositions’ penalty area for the first time for awhile they were awarded a penalty.  Up stepped Jesus whose kick was well saved by the keeper.  Daya then threw everything at their visitors in an effort to salvage a point.  So final score 2-1 but Daya were far from disgraced and deserved a point.  It was a surprise that there were no sendings off, the referee had a very good game but must have been suffering with writer’s cramp at the end of it.

Jesus and Paco, our two coaches must have been very pleased with Daya’s display.  Men of the match were both goalkeepers.

Daya Dave

Team Sponsor:  Segurlab


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here