Features » Recipies
Love your turkey leftovers
Contributor / 2008-12-19 14:04:52
Make the most of your leftovers with these tempting tips and recipes
The ultimate turkey club sandwich
1. Grill some Sainsbury's Taste the difference dry cured smoked back bacon until crispy, then set aside.
2. Toast a slice of bread on one side until golden and place some sliced Brie on the non-toasted side. Grill for a few minutes until the Brie melts, then top with some crisp lettuce leaves and another slice of toast.
3. Add your sliced leftover turkey and the bacon, dollop on some cranberry sauce, and add some more lettuce leaves. Finish with another slice of toast.
Italian turkey spaghetti
1. Mix together some pitted black olives, some drained and chopped Sainsbury's Taste the difference marinated sundried peppers, toasted pine nuts, some leftover shredded turkey and some Sainsbury's Taste the difference pesto alla Genovese. Set aside.
2. Cook spaghetti until al dente, then drain, reserving a ladleful of the cooking liquid. Gently heat the turkey mixture and the cooking liquid in a pan, stirring gently for 5 minutes until heated through.
3. Add the spaghetti, stir through and serve topped with shredded basil.