- The annual parade in Cabo Roig will take place on Saturday 17 March starting at 14.00. There will be lots of activities and fun events happening in the run up to the day, which you can find here.
- The University in Almería will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with its II Jornadas de Estudios Irlandeses, from the 14-17 March, finishing with the greening of la Alcazaba, Estadio de los Juegos del Mediterraneo and some fountains around the capital. Please see link attached for more details on the conferences and lectures taking place.
- The 9th Mediterranean Currach Regatta will take place on Sunday 18 March. Please see the website for further details on the celebrations there.
- Los Stompers will be performing in Dunnes Irish Bar in Barcelona on Saturday 17 March at 20.00. Everyone welcome to join the fun.
- Mediterrania Irish Dance School and Centre Artesà Tradicionarius will be organising a fun event to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on March 17 from 12.00 onwards. More information can be found here
- Celebrations for St. Patrick’s Day with the Nuala Irish Dancers will start on Sunday 11 March (11-14.00) with Irish Dance Against Cancer, in collaboration with La Secció de Ball Esportiu del Port de Barcelona. Teachers and dancers will be there to teach the steps (no experience necessary!) and all proceeds will go to l’AECC – Catalunya Against Cancer. On Saturday 17 March the Nuala Irish Dancers will be performing in La Taverna de Barcelona and later that evening they will participate in the St. Patrick’s Day in the Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona (Plaça de Catalunya, 21). The fun continues with a St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Barri de Gràcia on 18 March. The family-friendly street party starts at 10.00 at Plz. Anna Frank s/n (<L3> Fontana). There will be typical Irish breakfast, face painting, celtic hair braiding, workshops, live music and céilí dancing, street magic performances and beer tasting. The Nuala Irish Dancers show starts at 12:30 at Centre Artesà Tradicionàrius. Music lovers will be delighted to hear that Moya Sands (daughter of Irish folk singer-songwriter Tommy Sands) will be accompanying the concert with vocals, as well as on the fiddle, bodhrán and whistle. More information can be found on their website.
- There will also be celebrations taking place in Raval (Jardins de Sant pau del Camp) on 24 March at 16.30, with dancing and live music from El Pony Pisador, Aires Celtes/Maria Singal Irish Dance School Barcelona and O’Connor School of Irish Dance BCN. There will be workshops to teach you the steps to the typical Irish dance and everyone is welcome to join in. For more information please see here
- The Asociación Vasco Irlandesa, EusCARA, will be organising their celebrations for St. Patrick’s Day, including the greening this year of the Estadio San Memés. Please consult their website for all the details.
- In Adeje, Tenerife, the Irish Honorary Consul and friends are hosting a St Patrick’s Dinner in Golf Costa Adeje on Saturday March 10th. Tickets are €40 with some of the proceeds going to the Adeje Asociación San Juan, a non-profit organisation working with special needs young people offering training, education and day care. On the weekend of 16, 17 and 19 March the Plaza de España in the centre of Adeje will, once again, ‘go green’ as part of the international greening of buildings and cultural spaces around the world.
- In Lanzarote the St. Patrick’s Day Festival will run from the 15-17 March, with live music, food, fun, hurling on the beach and more. Please see poster for more details.
- Las Palmas will join in the celebrations for St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday 17 March, starting with mass at the Templo Ecuménico de San Bartolomé de Tirajana and followed by more fun events in the Irish Centre area in Playa de Inglés (San Bartolomé de Tirajana). The following greenings have been confirmed: Templo Ecuménico de, the hotels of the Irish Centre (Green Field, Green Garden, Green Park and Corona Blanca) in San Bartolomé de Tirajana, El Palmeral and the roundabout at Mogán.
- Santa Cruz de La Palma will be joining the celebrations for St. Patrick’s Day and in honour of Dionisio O’Daly, from 15-19 March. Please see poster attached for information on all the activities.
- The Spanish Irish Business Network will be hosting the 2018 St. Patricks Day Charity Ball at the Westin Palace Hotel in Madrid on Friday 16 March at 20:00. The evening will feature a welcome drinks reception, four course meal featuring the best of Irish produce, a complementary bar until late and live entertainment with Irish Treble and DJ. All proceeds will be in support of The Peter McVerry Trust and the Fundación Rais and will go towards combatting homelessness in Ireland and Spain. This event is now SOLD OUT but you can still donate online at https://www.eventbrite.es/e/entradas-st-patricks-day-ball-43073228185
- The annual GAA St. Patrick’s Day Family Fun Day will take place on Sunday 18 March at Parque Deportivo Puerta de Hierro, from 12.00-17.00. Irish Treble will be providing the best of Irish music and dance, and will be organsing a workshop to teach everyone how to dance a jig!
- Join the fun at the James Joyce Pub in Madrid for the St. Patrick’s Week Party, starting with an open mic night on Monday 12th at 21.30h. There will be delicious Food Specials all week. For more information please see their webpage.
- Irish music group Púca Óg will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with concerts in Eacuela Oficial de Idiomas de Vallecas on 15 March at 19.00 and Escuela Oficial de Idiomas de Jesús Maestro, Madrid, on 16 March at 19.00. Both events are free and open to the public.
- Irish singer-songwriter Tommy Sands will hold three concerts in the Madrid area: Friday March 16th at 20.00 in Asociación Cultural Sierra Oeste; Tuesday 20 March at 12.00 in the Universidad CEU San Pablo (Facultad de Económicas, Salón de Grados) and Friday 23 March at 19.00 in Museo Etnográfico El Caserón.
- Aula Inglés Agency & English Academy are organising a pub quiz on Wednesday 14 March in La Ciudad Invisible (Costanilla de los Ángeles 7, metro Ópera / Callao / Santo Domingo) from 21.00 to 23.00. Please click here for more details on the celebrations.
- Irish Treble will be performing in Sala Galileo Galilei on Saturday 17 March at 21.00. Irish dance and the best Irish music to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! Tickets available on www.ticketea.com.
- The Claddagh Bar in Marbella presents the St. Patrick’s Day Festival on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 March. Admission is free and everyone welcome to come along.
- Lorca will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday March 17, from 11.00 onwards. There will be music, refreshments and a guided walk to Plaza de España and into Saint Patrick’s Collegiate. Please see their webpage for more information.
- The CEIP Carlos I will organise its fifth year of celebrations for St. Patrick’s Cultural Week, from March 19 to 23, which will lead to the St. Patrick´s Gymkhana on March 23. More information
- The Valencia Irish Cultural Association is collaborating with the GAA and some other local organisations to put on a St. Patrick’s Day party, with Valencia’s first ever St. Patrick’s Day Parade and events which will take place in the Turia riverbed on March 17th from 11.30 to 13.30. It will start at the Alameda metro exit at 11.30 and everyone is welcome to join the parade, which will be led by a group of musicians playing Irish music. The only requirement is that you wear green! There will also be a series of events taking place after the parade finishes, including a céilí, a GAA display, Irish music, face painting and various activities for kids. There will also be some Irish stew to sample! There will be a concert of Celtic music (Irish, Galician/Asturian, and Scottish) that evening from 20.00 in Max Max Pub Celta, with the Pet Pipers Project playing a farewell gig also. There will be music from early evening onwards and everyone is welcome along
Tourism Ireland’s 2018 Greenings
Tourism Ireland’s global greening will have plenty of Spanish landmarks turning green for St. Patrick’s Day. They will be joining global icons such as the Sydney Opera House, the Colosseum in Rome, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. New for 2018 is Athletic Club Bilbao’s San Mamés stadium which will go green at 8pm on March 16th. Other notable greenings include Madrid’s Puerta de Álcala and Cibeles fountain. Lots of local authorities will be turning buildings green in places like Murcia, Málaga, Zaragoza and many more on the evening of the 16th and/or the 17th March. Highlights include the Torre de Hercules in A Coruña, the Marbella Arches and several buildings in the town of Tortosa in Tarragona. More information about Tourism Ireland’s global greening is available here.
There is also have a dedicated page on the Embassy of Ireland, Spain, website for St. Patrick’s Day which they are continually updating, so if you have an event you would like to include please get in touch at email@example.com
Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you all!!