Massacre at La Pueba

Daya's four games unbeaten run comes to an end
The Wheels came off Daya's Waggon this week

Daya Nueva 1 v. At Orihuela CF A 6

This was a Tuesday evening game with a 9.30 pm kick off.  I am usually in front of the Telly with my feet up and a mug of cocoa in my hand at this hour.  By the end of the match I wished that is where I had been this evening!  Daya were soon into their stride and their rapid inter passing had their opponents on the back foot. 

On seven minutes the home side had a free kick from some distance out but the fiercely struck shot flew just over the bar. The visitors hit back almost immediately and a shot by them grazed the crossbar on its way over. 

Orihuela took the lead on thirteen minutes when a needless foul resulted in a penalty that just eluded Jaimie in the Daya goal.  It was becoming a very very physical game and you just knew that there would be cards of both colours issued.

 It took Daya less than five minutes to equalize with a thunderous shot from distance following some neat play.  It was end to end now and you just knew that more goals were going to come, although at this stage we did not know that they were all to be coming from the visitors.

Orihuela scored their second goal on twenty minutes with some nice approach play and good finishing. 

The visitors keeper made a good save on thirty minutes to maintain his side’s 1 goal lead.  This was probably the last time that Daya seriously threatened their opponents goal.  There followed some very sloppy play from Daya in which they conceded a third goal.  From then on the home side were not at the races and half time could not come soon enough.  So 3-1 down at the break with Daya facing an uphill struggle.

 Orihuela continued to dominate on the resumption of play with Daya only having a minor part to play in proceedings.  Braulio went close for the home side on fifty seven minutes but much much more was needed from Daya to turn this game around.  On sixty five minutes after constant pressure it was 4-1 and following a goal mouth scuffle Jaimie was giving his marching orders ! 

The ten men of Daya went 5-1 down in sixty eight minutes and we’re now trying to avoid a good hiding.   Five became six as the referee blew for full time.  So 6-1 final score with Daya being well and truly outclassed. 

New coach Juan Pedro has an awful lot of work to do as Daya face their local arch rivals Formentera this coming weekend. 

Must just mention the referee who somehow managed to keep the lid on a very very physical game.  Oh how I do wish I had stayed at home with my feet up with a cup of cocoa.

Daya Dave